Cuddling the Computer


Another class day down, which means one day closer to four days of travel.  Saturday the whole class will be spending the day in Rome and then directly from Rome, a group of us will be traveling to Cinque Terre. So excited.  

My second paper of the trip is due tomorrow, so I spent much of my free time today working on it.  At 4:30 my professors offered optional museum tours.  Desiring some Orvieto kulture, I decided it was in my best interest to go. Well, after class I had an hour and a half of down time before the museum visits.  When I got to my room, I decided to lay on my bed for just a short while before working on my paper.  I was so convinced that I would only rest for a second that I held my computer in my arms as I allowed my head to fall on the pillow.  Exactly an hour and 25 minutes later I woke up, still tightly hugging my computer.  Reluctantly I woke up Caroline (she said she wanted to go to the museums also, but she’s also warned me that she’s not pleasant when abruptly woken up). 

After a few pokes, she woke up, nicely, and we dashed downstairs to meet the group.  We should have known that on an optional museum trip during our free time, us two would be the whole group.  Thankfully, a few more stragglers came later.  Knowing we all had our papers to work on, we dashed through the museum. I’m sure the professor understood.

The rest of the night was filled with eating good pizza (same spicy salami from a new place) and paper writing.