Second Class Seats


After a long two hour, non air-conditioned train ride, we finally made it to Florence. It is a group of six of us that travelled here together. We left after class finished to catch the train. The best part about my first train ride is that I almost missed it. The schedule board said the train was delayed 15 minutes, so Max and I decided to run and look for something to eat. Well thank goodness the only food place near by looked disgusting. We walked in and then walked straight back out towards the train station. As we neared the platform, we see the rest of the group hopping on the train. The board lied. The train came at 18:05, exactly on time. Even though they tried calling, it was clear that the group wasn’t going to actually wait for us. Every man for himself.

We arrived in Florence around 8 pm. Everyone went to the rooms to relax after the exhausting train ride. But since Max and I had missed out on food earlier, we went for dinner. And guess what? I saw someone I knew at dinner. AT DINNER IN FLORENCE. How crazy. It was someone I met at LASC a few years ago. Max made sure say the guy’s name loudly in conversation so that I could make sure it was actually the guy. It was. Thanks, Max.

Lastly, I would like to thank technology for skype. Lucky for me, our hotel in Florence has free internet so I skyped for the first time here in Italy. Thanks for spending a good couple hours chatting with me, Mitch. And you, too: Mom, Dad, Tyler, and, reluctantly, Trevor. Now Sam, you’re the only one left.

Roommates are still not back yet. When they went out, they gave me the key because we’re not supposed to take it outside the hotel. What’s up with that? Now, I have this medieval key that weights nearly 5 pounds sitting next to me as I wait for them. Well guys, hurry up.

Exploring Florence tomorrow. Expect some kulture.