Gabrielle


Midterms down. One paper this week and then traveling to Venice for three days! Another away weekend will be much appreciated. Tomorrow we’re visiting Florence as a class for the day. When we arrive, I’ll feel like such a pro having maneuvered around that city this past weekend without my chatty professors.

After taking my two midterms, I celebrated by watching the Bachelorette online. I was interrupted at 5 pm to go climb to the top of the clock tower in Orvieto. The whole class had to go climb. I’m not exactly sure why they chose the day we were all exhausted from studying to climb 300 stairs. But at least now I can check it off my list. Kulture. Gotta love it.

At the top of the bell tower in Orvieto.

My other celebration today was a delicious dinner in a cave. Remember when I visited the underground caves in Orvieto? Well, the restaurant we dined at tonight was built in one of them! My pizza tasted even better knowing that I was underground. And the last celebration of the night was gelato, of course. I got my usual flavors (fior di latte and capricco) and ate it outside on the Duomo’s steps.
Here we are at dinner. The delirium from midterms kicked in.


Gabrielle wants her shout out (and rightly deserves one): I skyped Gabrielle tonight before writing this blog post. Bene!